2.07.2008

i like your jealous eyes.

i like your jealous eyes
there's nothing to compromise
it just reminds me that you're here
wanting and willing me

i won't give up my chances
on this godforsaken earth
to lose you to such things
as the disease of jealousy

people have lost faith in love
as flowers die, so does the surprise
of a waking lover
you might later disguise

the secret is in the detail
in not writing it out
but letting love live
in it's own, and possibly in your life


why can't we just get along
without all the common bullshit
why can't i just tell my mind
to stop and forget it
i need to focus on
not aiming so hard
then i might just get
what i was searching for
so now i'll lay my head
right next to your breast
i'll run my cold hands
across your warm flesh
and i'll close my eyes
and thank god you're here
because without you
i'd have a hell to fear

No comments: